03 April 2008

Spies

So you know, whoever you are, I'm spying on you as much as you're spying on me! I'm actually not too worried about it. I've just found it curious. Google has this cool application called analytics that I learned about at work when someone asked me to check the visit status of a few of their sites, ad pages. Well, I thought that would be cool to apply to my own site and so I did! And now I know how often people visit my site and even the city they're from--except Australia. It only gave me the country in that case. I'm not sure why.

But otherwise, you in Indonesia, and you in Brazil and Chile and Spain, I saw that you came to see me. I'm just not sure why so many of you came on the 20th of March. Miracles on Maple Hill was a good book, but hm. I guess it's also curious because I haven't been adding tags to my posts, though perhaps there's a degree of autogeneration? I don't know. I'm not terribly terribly web savvy.

But really, if you liked what you read, come back! Let me know you stopped by with a vote on my current poll or leaving a comment--even if it has to be "anonymous." Although the other possibility that crossed my mind was that maybe blogspot just sends out general site checkers. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but seriously I'm curious why people in these countries would choose to come here. I only speak French! But no one from France has stopped by :(. The other curious thing is that it indicates no one from Canada has stopped by, and yet I'm pretty sure some of my relatives from yonder North country have, since that was indicated in my last poll.
Hmm.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

How do you do that? I found the analytics thing and copied the code but I really don't know where to paste it (even after reading their stuff). Could you help me out? That's a pretty cool feature!