09 September 2008

Due Date, Progress Report

Though the weather is cooling and school is in session, technically, summer still has just less than two weeks left. However, I gave myself a slightly earlier deadline for my summer goals, didn't I? Actually, looking at it now, I realize I was off a little. I'd been thinking it was today, but it was two days ago! Aaah! I'm further behind than I realized.

1. Finish creative draft of thesis (I'm giving myself til Sept 7)
--I'm close. Really. As we speak I'm on p. 172 of 251 in the final editing revision before I hand it back to my advisor.

2. Have a draft of my critical part
--I have 9 pages written and I've read most of the books I'm going to incorporate. I've ordered a couple more that I'm curious about, but they may or may not get included. I also have some quotes found. It's progress. Maybe a real sketchy draft by the end of the actual summer.

3. Exercise 2x a week
--I might have missed a couple weeks, only exercise once, but I did go out at least once a week all summer. And since I've been working again, I've gone out at least four times a week. So that should make up for those other weeks, right? :}

4. Attend the temple each month
--Missed July by a hair. I planned to go the day I drove back from Roanoke, but I got a later start than I'd planned. Then I was going to go the following Tuesday, but they closed for the cleaning! Argh.

5. Get a job
--At least I didn't say "full-time direct-hire" because I don't have that. But I have a temp job, and am still applying for the other.

No comments: