10 February 2005

Just Reading, a little about Cpt Moroni

This morning again, no time. However, I did read last night. I can't think that I learned anything very profound. I did do a little bit of study on a subject in the topical guide, but I don't even remember what now--I think it was in the R's. I spent more time just reading where I left off last in my chapter by chapter reading, in Alma, about the title of liberty with Capt. Moroni, and so my thoughts were kind of about how interesting it is that the two main characters, the very righteous Moroni, who if everyone were like, the powers of hell would have no power, pitted against one of those powers of hell in old what's his names connivings for the throne--interesting I don't remember his name. And indeed, the righteousness of Moroni and his followers did lead to success and a thwarting of the power of evil--to a certain extent. And then men continue to exercise their free agency. But it was also just interesting to think that so often the Lord does show us both sides of the coin in the scriptures. The idea of opposition isn't just touched on in 2 Nephi where it's explained. It's all over the place.



Some other thoughts were kind of about "how long are we supposed to read every day?" and with my morning rush and everything that goes on after work, it's something that kind of comes up pretty often, but I think I came to the conclusion last night, as many apostles have tried sharing with us, that how much time doesn't really matter. But at the same time, we don't want to read just for like a minute just to check it off our list, but rather, I think a good amount of time would be however long it takes to make you feel inspired or refreshed or as if the Lord were conscious of you, even if you don't learn anything terribly profound. Those are my two cents. What are yours?

No comments: