21 February 2005

Searching and Seeking

I don't know that I have too much profound to say on the subject, but it was kind of interesting to look at the verses in these two categories this morning. They seem to be the same in many ways, but they are slightly different. How are they different? I think you seek something ephemeral, like the kingdom of God, Zion, Peace, etc. But you search the scriptures, your soul, for understanding in process of your seeking those good things. I suppose if there is anything slightly new I learned it is that in the act of searching to be like Him, we are becoming like Him. This is because one of the qualities represented in these verses is His all-searching eye knows us in and out and is how we are judged. As we strengthen our searching skills, we will better be able to discern good and evil and become like Him.

No comments: