20 August 2008

Widgets and Google

A friend of mine had the widget you now see at the bottom left--a pretty cool little thing to see what sites and what cities people come from. Funny, too, to see what Google searches bring people here, though I'm sure in all of those cases they're disappointed. For example, someone looked for "mourning Seuss" and came here because I had a post about mourning and Seuss appeared in my book list. And then today I noticed someone had searched "tennis love stories books" and pulled up my "Love the Tennis Way, Kind of." Oh, and about that, I have since learned that love is just plain zero. Did I ever go back and edit that? I don't think so. Not that it has any terrible significance to the post, but it's interesting nonetheless. And then the other poor person, searched for Roald Dahl the Twits and landed on "Writer's Block"--not sure exactly how that happened, but I'm sure it helped not at all. In any case, pretty funny what searches will bring you to. Anyone stay thanks to a funny search? :)

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Hey Heidi! Have you checked my blog lately? You are a big winner! I need to know where you want a gift card to (of course somewhere that we have out here too). Anywhere of your choice. I love ya! Have a great day!