19 August 2008

Worrkkk

So, what am I doing now? Don't you love when that question shows up in the your status line on Facebook? Uh--I'm reading "what are you doing right now?" on your website. That's what I'm doing. What about you?

Maybe you don't use Facebook--that might be a good thing.

But I have enjoyed it for getting back in touch with some old friends from my home town as well as keeping in touch even with people in the DC area that I never see any more or who have moved to other parts of the country. I think I love it best when they post pictures and share their life, as well as reading those statuses. It's a nice way to keep in touch, so I would recommend Facebook. Just avoid the games. Some terribly addictive.

But aside from that, I'm working. And two jobs! I'm not sure how long this can go on, but I started one job last week, by recommendation of my roommate--a data entry job, just in the evenings. It doesn't pay terrifly well (I'm editing now--that isn't so much of a typo as it looks--I was trying to decide between terrifically and terribly, hadn't realized though that I'd merged them), but not as bad as temp jobs outside of the DC area still. And since it's in the evening, I thought that would be something I might be able to stick with when I did get a day job to help pay off these debts I have.

And it so happened that the day after I started there, the temp company that I've worked for for the past 1 1/2 years called with a job in Alexandria, really close actually, a job I can drive to, so have my car with me, as well as having hours that would permit me to get to the evening job on time. And though it's rush hour, I'm driving against traffic. Nice.

And so as of yesterday, I've had two jobs. It's pretty rough, as two jobs tend to be, I guess. The temp day job is 8-5 and the evening from 5:30 to 10:30. So I leave at 7:30 and don't get home til 11:00. :(

The good thing about the day job, though, is that I have time to write, as I appreciate. And the evening job keeps me busy for the full five hours, so I'm not at home wasting time with stupid tv shows that I'm getting tired of and only watch because I'm too tired to think about doing something else or too tired of doing the same thing I've been doing all day--likely writing or playing stupid computer games that I need to stop doing anyway.

Anyway, the other interesting thing about the day job is that it's for the same company that wasn't happy about my not wearing a suit to the interview. It's a different location--their warehouse. I still have to dress nice, but not in a suit. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of work! But way to be upbeat about it.