16 January 2009

Visit to Ohio

Since I wasn't able to go home for Christmas, I decided to treat myself to something almost as good--I called up my old roommate Kristi from the early 90s and drove to the Akron area in Ohio. I've visited her a few times before, but it's been over five years since my last visit.

Her kids have grown so much, but they're still just as adorable.
We had a fun time just hanging out, playing Piranha Panic, Scrabble, Sorry, and army men. And we went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua, which was actually pretty cute. I hadn't been enticed by the ads I saw on TV, but the trailers we watched on the internet before deciding to go were more appealing, and more accurate. Anyway, I would recommend it. Another fun thing was all the snow. The DC area hasn't had a notable storm for several years, but we got one while I was there in Ohio. I don't know how many inches, but it was definitely pretty, kind of made me nostalgic for home in Colorado and Utah.

But the best part was just hanging out and talking.

2 comments:

Roxie said...

Sounds like you had fun, Heidi! I'm glad you got to go.

Ann Marie said...

Sounds like a great trip. Isn't it great to get away? I'm glad that you had a good time. I love your background, very appropriate this season!:)