01 February 2009

Back in the Saddle?

I've been feeling a little bit guilty about not writing, but also not reading. I went through a lot of old friends' Facebook profiles to get emails around Christmas time to send my end of year report. I'm not sure how many cared to hear it, but I always love getting people's letters, so I hope they liked it and hope they'll send me news from them!

Anyway, my point of saying that was that in getting those email addresses, I also gathered tons of blog addresses with good intentions of following them. But alas, life has been somewhat hectic with different things--babysitting jobs and a crazy temporary job I had over inauguration weekend that extended into this week.

I started to write a blog about that, but didn't finish it. Not sure if I will. It was really crazy--lots of things went wrong with this conference the company I was assigned to had organized so I was listening to calls from many upset parents and then following that, reading even more emails with outlined complaints. Some were better organized than others, and some kinder than others, but overall, lots of upset people. Doesn't make for a happy temporary employee.

I actually broke down crying, not bawling, just crying, one of the phone nights after a call with an arrogant father. Partly I was tired because I was essentially working two jobs during that time and not getting my beauty sleep, but also really tired of trying to diffuse people when I didn't have enough information myself to offer explanations and being impatient with the same hostile attitudes and arguments, over and over. And many times, I agreed with them for being upset. But having the company's rep on the other end of the phone agree that you should be upset and explaining why they need to send an email rather than venting to me (because there were too many calls for us to handle of other upset parents, and we needed to keep the lines open for kids in potential danger), didn't really help them calm down any. Okay, so there' a little of the blog I would have posted, though I was more detailed in it.

Moving on--so I wasn't keeping up with reading the blogs I had hoped to and finally weedled them down yesterday so I could manage the load. But don't worry, if I weedled off your blog, I never left a comment, so you probably didn't even know I was reading it anyway. :) I hope :?) I still have some catch up to do with the people I'm closer to and have been following for awhile, so my apologies if I was supposed to know something you'd written about.

Phew. Now that that's off my chest, maybe I can actually write something you want to read about. How many of you skimmed over that? It's okay, I would have if it had been your blog, so don't feel bad. But now I'll give you an easier skim--a little meme borrowed from Anne Marie :)

My ABC's

A = Age: 35
B = Bed size: full
C = Chore(s) you hate: making my bed
D = Dessert you love: cookies
E = Essential start your day item: banana--but sometimes I don't have any :(
F = Favorite actor(s): Colin Frith
G = Gold or Silver: silver
H = Height: 5'8ish"
I = Instruments you play: piano, flute
J = Job title: temp?
K = Kitchen color(s): mixed
L = Living arrangements: roommate who owns the townhouse
M = My name is: Heidi
N = Nicknames: Heidi-ho, Heidikins, Heidi hiccup
O = Overnight hospital stay(s): car accident, 1993; being born
P = Pets: none
Q = Favorite quote:
R = Right or left handed: right
S = Siblings: Sisters: Kim, Cyndi, Susie and Nancy. Brothers: David, John, Thom
Sisters-in-law: Sariah, Sarah, Laci; Brothers-in-law: Robert, Dan, Mike and Danny
T = Time you woke up today: 4:00 am, then again at 10:00 ish--harder to get up though
U= Unique about you: too much to write! Umm, I had black ponytails and a blond scalp when I was little.
V = Vegetable you love: salad, eggplant sometimes
W = Worst habit: scratching my head
X = X-Rays you've had: foot, teeth, arm, back, knee, ?
Y = Yummy food you make: breadsticks, crepes
Z = Zodiac Sign: cancer

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)