24 November 2008

All About Me

I'm not a big fan of Beaches, nor do I remember this line myself, but a friend of mine used to quote it, and I think it's cute and appropriate for today. When the girls are young and just getting to know each other, one of them, after speaking at length about herself, says, "Enough about me. What do you think about me?"

A couple months ago I bought this book I'm an English Major--Now What? And in the first chapter, one of the things the author suggests is that you have a meeting with your friends where they write down your qualities on a piece of paper to give to you. I think the idea is for anonymity or something.

Oh no! I just remembered--it's so that people don't influence each other. Well, I screen all comments before they post anyway, so if you don't see any comments that doesn't necessarily mean no one has--it just means I haven't accepted them yet. So we can maintain that.

So, anyway, of course, if I had friends all in the same room, we could actually talk at great length about me after the straw poll, or uh, paper thing. Fun, fun. But since many of my friends are hither and yon, and since gathering a meeting about myself even for local friends feels a little excessive, I'll shoot out the question on here--

what are my most marketable skills? And for good measure, go ahead and tell me something I could do to improve my marketability. I'm not looking for suggestions about careers, just skills.

This might look like an ulteriorly motivated post to see who's actually reading, but I really do want to know. If you want to post anonymously, that's okay, too. Thank you!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you are thoughtful. Probably in both senses, but I mean, I think you think. You always say things that have a lot of thought behind them. Like you see the meanings behind things. Did that come out right? I don't know you really well, but you seem like someone who puts thought into things. You don't just spout off (that would be me!) the first thing that pops into you head. And if you do, you have a lot better thoughts going on in there that I do!

Roxie said...

Heidi! You have too many wonderful skills to name them all! But, here are a few - You have a great work ethic, you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you have great analytical skills and are a good debator, you have a very clever sense of humor, you are detail oriented, you are creative, you are organized, you are kind and have good interpersonal skills. Most of all, I think you are one of those true blue people who is good to the core, and a true friend!

TheHQforHQ said...

You guys are awesome! I hadn't expected so much flattery, but it really helped to hear it. Thank you a million!