30 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Did everyone have a great Turkey day? I had a nice one, thanks.
Thinking about thanks this week has actually been a great blessing. I was ready to post a message about how Congress should pass some law so that I don't have to look for work because it's not helping me in my pursuit of happiness. I know what you're thinking--I don't have to look for work. But the alternatives would result in an even greater difficulty toward my pursuit of happiness. So you're wrong. Ha! Nonetheless, I know I'm wrong too. As indicated before, the inclusion of opposition in our lives is all toward the end that many might have joy, so I am thankful for it on this week of thanks. I am also grateful for many more things. I have been greatly blessed during this time that my money dwindles and my need for employment magnifies itself in my daily life. I've had great friends helping me out not only with meals, but also with smiling faces and hugs and understanding, as well as expressions of appreciation for my talents and service. I'm also grateful for the Church. What a great blessing to be a member of it! To have a perspective on life that it offers me and to know about my Savior. But also for the temporal blessings they offer during financial struggles, and opportunities they provide to serve so that I don't feel as deeply in debt as I might otherwise. I also have an incredibly wonderful family--the best two parents on the whole planet, I would venture to say. There are at least seven people who would agree with me, but I think even more if they knew my parents. I'm sure Heavenly Father was wise to give them to me. And so, so many more things, that I can hardly even count. What are you grateful for?
(P.s. I would still be even more grateful if you know of work I can do and you pass it on :) )

No comments: