27 June 2008

Summer Goals Revision

So alas, reality sets in. I thought I'd be working on my Sleeping Beauty novel this summer and surely could get 100 pages out of it. If this tutorial had been like last summer's, I might have. But since Han only requires 8-10 new pages a week, as compared to Hillary's 20, and well, since I'm discovering I really need to know a lot more about Medieval life to take off with that one, it's not going to happen.

But it's seriously all for the better because I'm feeling a little liberated to work on my thesis, which I need to be doing anyway. It's almost the end of June and I'm still just editing into page 25. Only 225 more to go in the next two months. Not so bad, eh? :) Actually, hopefully it won't be that bad. I'll be cutting a lot toward the end, I think. But if the end goes anything like the beginning, I might be adding a lot too. I wish I knew how to show all these facial expressions more than just smiles. You'd see my teeth in a straight line here.

And well, the exercise thing too. Oh, I'm looking again and see I didn't end up including it. Well I should have. I had planned to write 3x a week. But that is revised. Seriously I need to get off my butt, but the weather is not so friendly as I'd hoped.

1. Finish creative draft of thesis (I'm giving myself til Sept 7)
2. Have a draft of my critical part
3. Exercise 2x a week (Reminder to self--go the mall. it's not that far!)
4. Attend the temple each month
5. Get a job

Can I do it? I have a few others I should put up, but I won't embarrass myself. Just in my head.

No comments: