14 July 2008

New Cookies

Last night, wanting some cookies but not having brown sugar--which I actually don't have on purpose so I wouldn't make cookies--I saw that I did have an Angel Food cake mix and wondered what I could do with that. No bundt pan, but I know some people turn cake mixes into cookies, so I thought I'd give it a try. I flipped through the old BYU 11th ward cookbook that I thought had such a recipe, but didn't see anything, so I decided just to guess at something that might work.
So here's what I did.

1 Angel Food cake mix
a handful of cocoa
a few pinches of apple pie spice
about 3/4 cup of water

Mix it all up. It takes a bit of work--this is half the water that the cake recipe calls for

Oven at 350 for maybe 10 minutes.
And yea, it was actually pretty good. Yum, yum.

No comments: