27 July 2008

Things in the Wash

What's the most unusual thing you've found in your wash? Coins? Dollar bills? Notes? Receipts?
I'm sure people have found other things, though those were the extent of my experience until yesterday.

After I arrived back in Alexandria, one of the first things I did was my laundry, happy not to have to pay quarters for it now, and having some things I needed for today. ahem. Anyway, well, when I opened the washing machine after my second load had gone through, what was my surprise to find my reading lamp right looking up at me. Yes, a little lamp. Lightbulb and all.

I hadn't remembered when I'd dumped the load, but yes, since that was one of the last things I'd packed and the dirty laundry bag was ready and a nice soft place for the lamp to go undamaged, I'd tossed it in that bag and covered it over--for protection. Ha!

Well, even funnier, it didn't look the least bit damaged--not even the lightbulb. I wondered if I was an idiot for even thinking about trying, but well, I did. I plugged it in, and tada! It actually works still. Absolutely amazing!

No comments: